Landscaping is an art in itself. Planning out your front garden or lawn and backyard can be real fun as well as an adventure. You should always make sure to cater to the needs of your own requirements when you finally decide to landscape your outdoor green plot. Then there are a few other features to remember too.
An ideal landscaping is carried out by considering all the important factors. Such as use and purpose, seasons and outdoor furniture, etc. Whatever you chalk out for your landscaping, tolerance and motivation to work and create must be adhered to. After all, nothing happens overnight. Let us now discover the five basic rules you ought to follow when landscaping.
- Usage and Purpose
The first step is of course how you want to use your area. Do you want this part for recreational purposes or you want this to be a play area for the kids? It might be that you want both. Whatever reasons you may have, plan out the landscaping according to them. This will help you execute your plans into action more easily.
- Climatic Conditions
The seasonality has to be viewed before you begin to revamp your lawn or backyard. Autumn is considered as the best time for landscaping according to the crew at Medford Lawn Service. However, you’ll have to see to it that there is proper sunlight for plants, wind direction should be viewed and there must be an accurate system of water flow and drainage.
You’ll have to examine every aspect minutely regarding the weather changes in the place you live and then start working out on your landscaping.
- Kinds of Soil
There are about 1500 types of soil and locating the soil type of your lawn area where you want to landscape is very important for the apt growth of plants. This would also help you in planting the most suitable plants for that particular type of soil, otherwise you might face problems and all your work will end in a waste. After so much hard work, you wouldn’t in the least bit like the idea of ending up in a failure.
- Outdoor Furniture
Now, this step needs your attention too. Setting out the correct tables and chairs with appropriate accessories is quite essential. If you wish to have recreational parties or entertainment in your lawn area or the backyard, the right furniture that goes along with your requirements, is a must have.
On the other hand, you might fancy installing a swing for your children, a fountain to please the guests or a barbecue set-up. Everything has to be decided with care and patience.
- Comfortable Upkeep
Devise a plan that is easy to follow, easy to handle and easy to manage and maintain. Supposing, you go for some complex sort of arrangement when landscaping and afterwards don’t get enough time or energy to retain it. To avoid such a situation, never plan in the heat of a moment. Take slow, steady steps and landscape in a simple yet attractive way.
After going through all of the above points, you’ll get a fair idea of how to work on landscaping a garden or any other place as a matter of fact, as these are the basic rules everybody can stick to. Still, never let go of tolerance and impulse and you’ll end up being the creator and owner of a wonderfully landscaped area around your house.
Trees More than Shade
All the trees have beneficial properties to emit for the environment but a large tree can be truly worth putting in. Trees look beautiful, improve the greenery of an area and are potential workers against climatic hazards. Don’t think that trees are built for providing only shade; they do much more than that. We should not ignore the quality of trees and should plant as many as we can. Today, tree growth is hampered by cutting them down and not planting more. It is saddening to digest the fact that harsh measures are taken to strip down trees which prevents the roots to regrow more trees. Trees are lifesavers and we must protect them through any humanly measure that makes even a slightest protection to their destruction.
Benefits of Trees
- They cool down the atmosphere and take back the heat.
- The water is changed to vapors that help to cool the air with solar energy and all this is due to evapotranspiration.
- It is a natural habitat for wildlife.
- It reduces the chances of soil erosion.
- Increases the value of a property.
- The carbon dioxide is converted to oxygen.
- They are natural barriers for climatic hazards.
Things to Consider During Plantation
There are some important things to reflect upon before going off to plant trees.
- First, do a soil assessment and then take further steps because sometimes there is shallow or trampled upper soil that requires changing, especially in urban areas.
- Make sure the spot to plant trees gets an ample amount of sunlight because generally trees demand full or fractional sunlight. Keep the origination and necessities of your tree in mind before growing trees in a specific area.
- Often trees are dried out by robust dominant winds or get knocked down by severe climate. So, be sure to keep check.
- You should keep in mind that as the trees grow up; they mature in size as well. So, you should give the trees plentiful space to avoid hindering their growth or worse. If the trees will be too closely grown, some of them will get less sunlight which is not healthy at all.
- Make certain, there are no wires in the air that will get tangled by trees. This could result in real danger. Make definite the sky is clear of such interruptions.
Truly fit trees require nominal looking after, but there are important features to preserve in mind.
- Most trees need sporadic tending and pruning.
- You need to be up for maintenance in autumn, as the trees shed a lot of leaves. You would have to mow the lawn regularly. Also large trees grow many leaves so you should be active for raking.
- Make sure, trees don’t have low hanging branches or otherwise accidents can occur.
- Be sure to give them bountiful of sun and water.
- Often trees die which have stunted growth and some stay around for generations to come. You will be better off to plant trees that last for years and they will be true asset for the future generations.
- All your effort goes down the drain, if the tree does not grow. So, plant trees that are suitable for growing in a particular spot and do your best research possible.
- Don’t cut your tree branches sparingly as the lower branches are valuable for the entire tree. Consult an arborist to do this job professionally and crown technique can be helpful for your tree as this way, the tree is pruned and trimmed without distorting its natural shape or giving any harm to its wellbeing.
- Don’t use string trimmers on your trees unless you have a very firm hand because stripping or upsetting the exterior of the tree can be very disastrous for it.
- Hale and hearty trees don’t want fertilizers and need a reduced amount of water. But, be sure to water your trees in a draught period.